Teaching English as a Second Language training program
The Peel District School Board’s Teaching English as a Second Language (TESL) training program is designed for recent university graduates who want to travel and teach English abroad or in Canada, for professionals in Canada considering a career change, for current teachers of English as a Second Language (ESL) who want to continue their professional development, and for international students who wish to be trained as teachers of the English language. We offer a dynamic two-part teacher training program—the ACE TESOL Certificate and the ACE TESOL Diploma—in partnership with Advance Consulting for Education, Canada’s leading provider of English language teacher training courseware.
To learn more about our upcoming programs, please attend an information session in person on Wednesday, July 31st, 6pm - 7pm at the following location:
Adult Education Centre
100 Elm Drive West, Mississauga, ON L5B 1L9
Online access to the information session webinar also available.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com to sign-up.
Highlights of the Peel District School Board TESL Program
- The TESL program is approved by TESL Canada and TESL Ontario.
- You can obtain certification to teach ESL in Ontario, Canada or abroad.
The program is a partnership between the Peel District School Board and Advance Consulting for Education, Canada’s leading provider of English language teacher training.
- You will acquire practical teaching skills in real adult ESL classes.
- The program is taught by certified and experienced TESOL trainers.
- Part-time and full-time options are available.
- We offer small class sizes.
- All materials, course manual and textbooks are included in the fees.
- Our TESOL Certificate and TESOL Diploma tuition fees are tax deductible.
The Peel District School Board TESL Program consists of two courses:
- A 120-hour program
- 100 hours in class
- 20 practicum hours
- Recognized by TESL Canada, the national professional association for ESL teachers in Canada
- A 180-hour program
- 150 hours in class
- 30 practicum hours
- Recognized by TESL Ontario, the Ontario provincial professional organization for ESL teachers
- The ACE TESOL Certificate is a pre-requisite for the ACE TESOL Diploma
How to choose the right training course
Watch this video for questions to ask to make sure you find the right TESOL course for your needs: